Keeping Your Air Clean
Having clean air and good industrial filtration is crucial to the health of our workers. Having a dust collector can really clear the air in your environment. Generally speaking, a dust collector is used to better the air quality in industrial and commercial places of work. It collects dust and the other impurities from the air and gas. The dust collectors are designed to handle a lot of dust coming from these places. Typically speaking a dust collector system will include a blower, the filter cleaning system, a dust filter bag and the dust removal system. It is not the same as air cleaners because air cleaners use disposable filters to remove dust.
Dust collectors can remove granular solid pollutants before they are vented into the atmosphere. Dust collector filter bags suppliers suggest placing the bag just so, so that most of the pollutants and dust can be caught directly before being vented. This way it is catching much more at one time.
Depending on the dust collector filter bags suppliers, these bags can also be called filter press cloth. These are fabric filters that are used to separate the dust from the gas. They are very efficient and cost-effective and collect more than 99% of even the finest particles.
Selecting a dust collector can be difficult because different dust collector filter bags suppliers between them all, have a ride range of options. When buying a dust collector here are some things to think about:
- Dust concentration can be anywhere from 0.1 grains to 5.0 grains of dust per foot.
- The distance that the dust collection reaches depends on obviously the brand but your choice depends on the potential of there being a health hazard.
- The air stream plays an important role when selecting one of these systems.
- A lot of dust can actually be abrasive to dry collector. Sticky material could also stick to the plug areas and elements of a collector. Some shapes and sizes of particles may stop you from using certain types of fabric collectors.
- Make sure to consider the method of disposal. It will vary with each process and type of system used. They can dump constantly or at certain times of the day or at a maximum weight.
These are the main issues that you want to consider when picking out your dust collector but obviously these are just a few ideas. Don’t forget that periodically you will need to shake the dust buildup out your dust collector. It will have a method of getting rid of the dust but don’t count on it keeping itself entirely clean.
There are many dust collector system companies out there so make sure you do your research and find out who is the most reputable.