Ideas for Master Bedroom Decor to Spruce Up Your Space
There’s something about a master bedroom that oozes luxury and comfort. Whether it’s the lavish bedding, the cozy fireplace, or the expansive walk-in closet, the master bedroom is the ultimate place for a mental getaway. Finding inspiration to make it cozier and more inviting can make you look forward to unwinding and relaxing after a long day. Plenty of ideas for master bedroom decor are worth splurging on if you plan to spruce it up. Here are some top picks to consider. Improve your space with these ideas and see your bedroom transform into a cozy and glamorous haven.
Add Some Stylish Furniture
You may think that adding bedroom furniture to your space will make it look cluttered. However, choosing the right pieces can make it look fashionable and inviting. One way you can do this is by adding a headboard with storage. A stylish headboard with storage space will give you extra space to organize your things, making your room neat. It will also set your bedroom’s tone and significantly improve its appearance. Headboards come in various styles, and you can find one that matches your room’s style.
Another option is to add a bench at the foot of your bed. A bench in your master bedroom can add style and function and give it a more luxurious feel. It can provide a place to sit and get ready in the morning or relax in the evening. A bench may also be a terrific spot to take and exhibit photos and add visual interest to your room. And when you have guests and need more seats in your living room, you can use it as an extra seat.
Adding a stylish nook to your space is one among other ideas for master bedroom decor many consider. A cozy nook adds extra interest and dimension to your space and provides a great spot to curl up with a good book. You may also consider adding a small library or chest of drawers next to it, as this allows you to keep your nook tidy and create an environment for relaxation and retreat. Moreover, you can complement the nook with pillows, blankets, and candles to add a bit of warmth and personality to your space.
Renovate Your Bedroom’s Floor
Your master bedroom can also look nice with some well-polished flooring. Renovating the floor of your room can be a large undertaking, but it is also an opportunity to create the ideal place for you and your family. It can create a certain ambiance in your space and provide warmth and comfort. Good flooring can also help protect your floor from scuffs, scratches, and damage.
If you consider renovating your master bedroom’s floor, you can choose various flooring types. Below are a few selections you can consider.
- Hardwood Floors: This classic flooring option can add to the beauty of your bedroom if chosen correctly. Wood flooring options come in several finishes and colors to complement any décor. With the various styles available, you should find it easy to select the perfect one for your space. Hard wood floor installation can be a significant investment because it is durable and easy to maintain. You can also easily refinish it if it scratches or gets damaged.
- Tile Floors: You can also consider installing tile floors to add a touch of luxury to your bedroom. Just like wood flooring installation, tile floors are easy to clean and maintain. They can help brighten up a dark room and make a small room appear larger than usual. They are also durable and stylish and can come in different colors and designs.
- Vinyl Floors: If you are looking for more budget-friendly ideas for master bedroom decor, you should consider installing vinyl floors. This type of flooring is a popular choice for many homeowners because it is easy to care for and can last for a long time. For a more elegant look, consider luxury vinyl tiles for your flooring. This type is made to look like ceramic tile or stone and is an excellent alternative to natural wood.
Refine Your Space
Sprucing up your master bedroom can sometimes be as simple as cleaning it up and refining the furniture available. In order to start, pick up any litter around your space and vacuum clean your floor thoroughly. This helps remove dust and debris and protects you from infections resulting from allergens. Also, declutter the room by removing things you no longer use and organizing what you need in baskets and drawers. By doing this, you make the room tidy and know where to find things now that you have organized them neatly.
Next, refresh your bedroom’s furniture by cleaning and refinishing them. Furniture cleaning can help get rid of dust and bugs and remove tough stains. It can also remove contaminants and keep your furniture looking its best. When hiring a service to clean your pieces of furniture, ensure they use the right cleaning products so that harsh chemicals do not damage them. Similarly, find an experienced company that will ensure no damages occur while cleaning.
On the other hand, refinishing your pieces of furniture can be a great way to restore them to their original state. Hiring a furniture refinishing service can help turn dull-looking furniture into elegant ones. These services will strip, sand, and refinish your furniture and also repair any damages they may have. Consequently, you can save money by avoiding the need to purchase new furniture pieces and have your favorite old pieces brought back to life.
Add Some Lighting
Accessorizing your space with some lighting is one of the best ideas for master bedroom decor you can use to spruce it up. Lighting is an affordable and simple way to improve the appearance of any room. By installing lights in your master bedroom, you can add some extra flair and style to your space. You can choose a lighting option that will achieve your desired look according to your taste and preference. You can go about this in a number of ways.
- Add some string lights to the room or area surrounding your bed. You can drape string lights over the headboard or use them to light up your dressing area. This can create a really warm and romantic atmosphere in your space.
- Consider adding a wall sconce. A sconce is a wall lighting fixture that provides a more vintage look to a room. Sconces come in various styles and can also be used with candles and other lamps to create a more dramatic and sophisticated appearance.
- Use some track lighting to highlight specific areas or art pieces in your room. Track lighting can be a great way to accentuate paintings and other artwork. You can also use it to light up a dark corner in a room and create a warm look to your interior without spending much money.
- Use table and floor lamps to provide ambient and task lighting. Table lamps can help illuminate your furniture and provide lighting for you to work and read. On the other hand, a floor lamp will lighten your path and save you space if your room is small to allow for more table lamps.
- Chandeliers are another addition to the list of ideas for master bedroom decor that you can consider. They are a dramatic option and be a focal point in your bedroom. Although expensive, they can add a touch of elegance and sophistication to your bedroom.
Install New Windows
Although you can use the same window design for your master bedroom as other rooms, you can achieve a more appealing look by trying a different style. By considering a new window installation, you can improve the look of your room and allow for more natural light. Installing energy-efficient windows can help save your energy bills while keeping your bedroom cool in the summer and warm during winter.
You can try various window styles and ideas for master bedroom decor. You can choose to install casement or double-hung windows in your bedroom to spruce it up. Large casement windows enhance your room’s visual appeal and improve air quality. Similarly, you can install double-hung windows to promote ventilation in your master bedroom and allow more light to enter. Doing this makes your space look bigger than it is and allows for freshness.
However, if you want to create a more intimate space, you may want to use window coverings for your bedrooms. Blinds and shutters are excellent choices for window coverings and can be opened to allow light or closed to ensure privacy. Many different types of window shutters are available for choosing, and one can find the perfect one that matches their bedroom’s decor. Yet, when choosing a window shutter or blind, you should always ensure that it is durable and of high-quality material. Also, pick one that will add more glamour and luxury to your space.
Decorate Your Walls
If you find your bedroom wall boring or lacking, there are various good ideas for master bedroom decor that you can use to make it more interesting. Here are a few options to embrace:
- Add Murals or Wallpaper: Why have plain walls when you can go an extra mile and bring life to your bedroom using patterned wallpapers or murals? Using various designs of murals or wallpapers on your wall can add some personality to your bedroom and make it stand out from the rest of your home. It can also create a dramatic look and develop a sense of infinity.
- Add Some Artwork: This can be anything from photos and paintings to drawings and metal prints. Artworks are a great way to make a statement of your style. They can also be a conversation when you have guests in your home, making it a point of admiration.
- Use Curtains and Draperies: While draperies and curtains are suitable for windows and doors, choosing the right color and material can help complement your wall. Custom curtains matching your wall can help keep out light while retaining your room’s appearance. You can also use it to highlight artwork by placing them between two curtains.
Add Some Plants
Adding a few houseplants can be one of the best ideas for master bedroom decor that can liven up even the dullest spaces. Plants will help purify the air around your home and add a touch of nature to it. They will create a calming atmosphere in your room and make it easier for you to rest well. With some research, you can find the right plants to create a haven in your space.
If you are stuck for ideas, consider adding a few potted plants to your nightstands or dresser. And if you have more space, try adding large floor plants to the corner of your bedroom. Doing this can add a splash of life to your room and even boost your mood. Nevertheless, ensure the plants you choose can thrive in low-light conditions and use less water. A few good options include snake plants, peace lilies, and bamboo plants.
The Final Takeaway
Your master bedroom is your oasis, a place where you unwind and retreat after a hard day. Finding the best ideas for master bedroom decor to spruce it up can make it a place to look forward to. You can improve its appearance by adding some furniture, lighting, plants, and installing new windows and floors. You can also decorate the inside walls and add privacy with drapes and curtains. By implementing these ideas, your space stands out and transforms into something that will immerse guests in awe and envy. If you need help with more ideas for master bedroom decor to spruce up your space, don’t hesitate to contact us.