There is no denying that we live in a world that is very different from the world our parents grew up in. From technological changes to the efficiency and safety of the cars that we drive, today’s American leads a very different life from even two decades ago. Although we may find it difficult to put our finger on what has been the biggest or most significant change that most of us have experienced, it might be a little easier to agree on what the most pervasive and sweeping change has been.
The advertising agency of the past may have relied on printed notifications and radio or television spots to promote their products, but anyone who uses hand held technology or social media sites today can tell you that one of the biggest changes in our world has been the methods that marketing firms use to connect and to influence their customers. Through the use of search engine optimization (SEO) techniques an advertising agency can make sure that their clients are able to connect with current customers, as well as potential future clients.
Social Media Data Can Drive a Company’s Sales Goals
When was the last time that you were working on your computer for work and took a few seconds to check your favorite social media page? An hour ago? A few minutes ago? Right now? If you are used to checking your social media pages on a regular basis then you are already familiar with how SEO strategies and the latest advertising agency marketing approaches.
By gathering the data about the pages that you visit and the searches that you initiate, local companies can use the information that they gather from your interests to send push notifications to you. From using geo-targeted information about where you are at, for instance, an advertiser can indicate to you that there is a great Chicago style pizza shop just around the corner when you come back outside after your three hour tour of the Willis Tower. By mining the data from your latest search for affordable hotel rates for the graduation weekend at your daughter’s college, area hotels or online booking companies can send you updates and reminders about the best available room rates they have to offer.
In a time when many Americans have constant access to their digital hand held media, it is important for businesses to know that if they fail to work with an advertising agency to increase social media connections, that company is missing out. Social media and online searches drive today’s marketing schemes, and working with an advertising agency helps ensure that a business will be using the more effective and modern platform to reach is future customers.
Consider some of these statistics about the impact of the internet and social media in today’s digital advertising platform:
- Cconsumers of the entire population of the U.S. remain connected throughout their day. In fact, 70% have a social media profile, and more than half use two or more networks.
- One of the latest marketing research reports indicates that 41% of local businesses depend on social media networks to drive revenue.
- Nearly 74% of brand marketers report that they saw an increase in website traffic after investing only six hours a week in social media posts and push notifications.
- Network and mobile devices account for 52% of all paid search clicks.
- Estimates indicate that 93% of online experiences begin with a search engine.
- Customers and clients respond to daily posts on social media sites.
- Today’s companies still invest money in print, radio, and television, but they also know that they cannot ignore the power of the internet. In fact, in the U.S. alone, a total of $6.8 billion was spent on different formats of digital media in the year 2015.
- Every country in the world has some kind of advertising industry. As of 2016, however, America had the largest advertising market with the total amount spent peaking at $190 billion that year.
- Do you have the number of customers and clients that you need to make your business a success? If not, it may be time to rethink your current advertising and marketing strategies.